No one likes to feel like there is a shag carpet on their teeth.
Nutrient dense food is one of the keys to great dental health. This was something that was studied by Dental researcher Weston Price. Dr. Price was especially keen on the fat soluble vitamins, A, D, and K2, as well as minerals. The teeth are made up largely of minerals.
Personally I love the idea of using botanicals to clean my teeth and take care of my gums,
Today I did a Google Hangout with Doc David Gawain D.N.M., on Natural Toothcare.
5 Secrets for Beautiful Teeth
The video above is just loaded with great natural oral care strategies.
- Eat pro-biotic foods. The mouth needs beneficial bacteria too. Fermented foods like raw sauerkraut, kim chi and pickles are great. They MUST state on the label that there are living cultures. You will likely only find these at your health food store. Pasteurized, or cooked products have no living beneficial organisms. Or add probiotic powder to your toothbrush or swoosh some water with a pro-biotic pill emptied into it, around your mouth
- Use botanicals to clean your teeth and gums as well as freshen your breath. Neem oil, cinnamon, peppermint, Frankincense, and cloves are all great choices.
- Baking soda mouthwash helps keep the mouth and gums alkaline. Make your own mouthwash with essential oils.
- Mineral rich leafy greens, which are also alkalizing are always great. Smoothies, juicing and salads.
- Eat naturally raised, free range organ meats like liver and kidney, to get fat soluble vitamins.
I quit using fluoride toothpaste a long time ago. Just do some research on fluoride for yourself and be enlightened.