Include a few of these foods at each meal or snack and you have a huge step in the alkaline diet direction!
This video lays out the seven most alkaline foods, along with some of their other health benefits.
We would love to hear about your favorite alkaline foods, so please share in the comment box at the bottom of our blog, thanks!
The 7 Most Alkaline Foods
Top 7 Alkaline Foods
- Spinach, high in essential minerals, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium along with folate (folic acid)
- Kale, great detoxifier, rich in alkaline minerals and vitamin K, called by some, the world’s healthiest food. Kale is also rich in the eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Cucumber, high water content
- Celery, good as a soup base
- Bell peppers, very versatile in many recipes, go for the colored ones, like red, yellow orange, as opposed to green for best vitamin content.
- Avocado, contains healthy fats
- Broccoli, well known for it’s health benefits
Eating foods that have high alkaline properties is an important part of any diet to help keep your body’s pH levels balanced. These foods not only keep your pH levels well balanced, they provide you with lots of health benefits.
- boosting your immune system
- helping maintain a healthy weight
- packed with vitamins, minerals and enzymes
- provide anti-oxidants
- help detoxify the body
We would love to hear some recipe ideas that contain some of these wonderful alkaline foods. Please share in the comment box below.