Let’s learn more about healthy fats and oils with David Wolfe.
Here is what he says about the research, combining omega 3 oils with coconut oil, DOUBLES the absorption of omega 3 in the brain.
This is a very good thing. DHA (an omega 3 fat) is an important structural component of the brain. I like to take good care of my brain, so I can
maximize intelligence and imagination.
How to DOUBLE the absorption of Omega 3’s
DHA is nutrition for the brain , both the brain and eyes have significant requirements for preformed DHA.
A lot of people are taking fish oil, because of the health benefits of the omega 3 fats, DHA and EPA. Fish oil can be expensive, especially if you are taking a quality brand.
Increasing the absorption of omega 3 fats in the brain is like getting more bang for your buck. A good thing when you consider how much money people are spending on supplements.
David discusses 3 basic types of fats and oils
- Saturated fats, like coconut oil, palm kernel oil
- Mono unsaturated, like nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocados
- Omega 3 fats,
The mystical union of opposites, – what a unique idea. So combing things from the opposite end of the spectrum can have a synergistic effect. Combining coconut oil with omega 3 oils is one example.
Another combination is leaves and seeds together, just like in a salad with almonds, or other nuts and seeds.
So here is a great recipe idea that puts it all together
- A salad with lots of leafy greens.
- Sprinkle with some almonds (most alkaline nut) or pumpkin seeds.
- Add a nice piece of salmon for omega 3, containing DHA
- Melt some coconut oil for the salad dressing
- Top with herbs and sea salt for flavor and maybe some Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)
This sounds so good, I think I’ll have it for lunch today.
If you have any good recipe ideas
that combine opposites, please share
in the comment box below, Thanks!