This morning I woke up and decided to go to the health food store for breakfast.
A glass of freshly made vegetable juice, a salad with shrimp and some cacao energy chunks seemed like a great idea.
Pump up your business, help your clients.
[ad name=”Ardyss Enzymes”]
Before I got the first item in the cart, a man in the store was offering free organic wine samples. First I said no, thinking to myself, I haven’t even had breakfast yet.
But when he started taking about how it was organic and all, I said ok, I’ll try it.
I have heard about some of the beneficial effects of drinking red wine. It actually tasted pretty good and I got to enjoy, whatever health benefits it offered.
Then, as I was enjoying my breakfast in the cafe of the health food store, I came across this video of David Wolfe, talking about the beneficial color pigments that can be found in wine, and in fruits in general – awesome. He was talking about Anthocyanins. Someday medicine of the future may involve concentrated color pigments from plants.
He also shared some ideas on how to add or stack on healthy benefits when deciding to have a drink.
Of course drinking isn’t for everybody, but if you are going to enjoy a drink, why not make it the best ever and include a health kick along with it? And for you non-drinkers, you can always make a “virgin” version of a drink from some of the ideas below.
Healthier alcoholic beverage ideas
- For wine lovers, look for organic varieties
- If you are having a mixed drink, there are way better options for mixers
- Limeaid mixer – fresh squeezed lime, stevia and purified water
- Add fruit and let it infuse into your drink, goji berries, apple, mango, pineapple
- Soda pop is not the best ever mixer. There are a few stevia based sodas at the health food store
- Greens powder like chlorella, barley-grass or the like, mixed with purified water and a little stevia
- Pina colada lovers, try to make your own mix with fresh pineapple, coconut milk and unsweetened coconut flakes. Blend it up in a nutri bullet or blender.
- Juice your own fruit (way better than store bought juice) add in a small amount of greens like spinach, (you will barley notice the flavor) add some mint leaves too. Then dilute with some purified water or lots of ice cubes.