Here is a tasty raw food, vegan version of carrot raisin bread.
It is also wheat and gluten free.
This is a great tasting raw food recipe that replaces regular raisin bread.
Make some today and let us know how you like it.
Raw Food Recipe for Carrot Raisin Bread #864
Raw Carrot Raisin Bread, Ingredient List
- 3 cups shredded carrots, Use food processor
- 1 cup soaked raisins
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp spice of choice: nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, preferably unsweetened, hard to find in some grocery stores, shop somewhere else if yours does not have it.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 1 cup golden flax seeds, grind seeds just before adding to recipe. Do not use pre-ground flax seeds, they go rancid quickly and you may not be able to tell by the smell.
- 1/3 or so cup golden flax seeds-ground for rolling the bread in
- Optional: Pinch of sea salt
This recipe is high in fiber, healthy fats from the flax seeds and a good amount of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
Almond butter makes a great topping to spread on this carrot raisin bread.
If you don’t have a dehydrator, place in the oven, at the lowest possible setting.
Annmarie Gianni does a great job of showing us how to make this recipe, in this video.
Please us the comment box below to share your recipe ideas, or let know how you liked this recipe after you try it.
If you like this recipe video, please use the cool looking buttons below to share with friends.