This smoothie recipe fits well into any cleansing, detox, or weight loss regime.
Or if you just want to be healthier and more energetic.
The Love and Peas protein powder provides complete protein, healthy fats from the coconut, and the carrot and beet provide good carbs.
Love and Peas Protein and Vegetable Smoothie
Love and Peas Protein Powder
- Provides 20 grams of vegetable protein per serving.
- Is free from common allergens, dairy, lactose and gluten.
- Contains a powerful antioxidant blend.
- Offers a balanced amino acid profile.
- Is certified vegan.
Protein, Coconut Smoothie Ingredients
- Small handful of organic coconut flakes
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 beet and beet greens
- 2 cloves garlic (optional, depending on social activity for the day)
- Piece of peeled ginger root
- Mixed greens like kale, lettuce, collards, or what you have available. Load up on the greens for pH balancing, alkalizing effect.
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 4 cups purified water
- 2 scoops Love and Peas protein powder
This makes a great breakfast, I have a smoothie to start my day 5-6 times a week. Provides protein, fat and carbohydrates, along with vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. A great way to start the day!
Smoothies are one way to get more vegetables into your diet, without having to eat more veggies. They can be a great help, when you are shooting for 80% alkaline foods in a day.
Sometimes I will drink 2-3 smoothies a day, if I want to super alkalize and cleanse my body of toxins. If I eat excessive acid foods, (which happens to us all from time to time) I can make a quick recovery by drinking smoothies and fresh juice.
Many people that don’t like to eat a lot of vegetables can get more veggie intake by drinking smoothies or juicing.
If you have some smoothie recipe ideas, please share with everybody in the comment box below. We love your input.
Full Disclosure: I earn a commission from the sale of Nature’s Sunshine products linked to site. You can earn money yourself when you join NSP and order 100 QV or more.