A Dessert that Actually Helps Digestion, Yummy Alkaline Recipe

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Pineapple Basil SorbetEating a sugar laden dessert right after a meal is one of the worst things you can do for digestion. It is a guaranteed formula for causing excess acidity in the body. And on top of that, a sure fire plan for weight gain. Some health food gurus say, if you are going to have dessert with your meal, just eat it first, and give it a few minutes to digest, before the main meal. A better option is to make a healthier dessert and include some plant foods that contain natural enzymes. Pineapple and basil are both known for their digestion benefits.

Pineapple Basil Sorbet

The Secret to Good Pineapple

The secret with pineapple is this; it must be fresh. Canned pineapple won’t do a thing for your digestion. The best way to make this recipe is to cut up a fresh pineapple and chill it yourself. Frozen pineapple from the store is a distant runner up to be used only for convenience sake.

Bromelain is the enzyme in pineapple that is responsible for it’s digestive benefit. The canning process destroys bromelain. Bromelain is good for breaking down protein, this is what makes it such a valuable enzyme. What can I say about Basil? Well it’s green for starters, almost any green plant is going to be good for the body and alkalinity. [ad name=”Food Enzymes – NSP 300w”]Go Green! Basil has been praised by herbalists as a tonic for digestion. I think I will make some of this myself this afternoon and enjoy it as an afternoon snack. I still have some nice basil plants growing in my garden.

Pineapple Basil Sorbet, Dessert Ingredients

• Fresh pineapple, chilled / frozen
  • Fresh Basil leaves, grow it yourself and pick if you can!
  • Ice cubes
  • Coconut milk

Stick it all in the blender and give it a whirl, super quick and easy.

Nutrition in a Pineapple

Vitamins B1, B2, B12, C, PP, carotene, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iodine, manganese

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

119 thoughts on “A Dessert that Actually Helps Digestion, Yummy Alkaline Recipe

• October 8, 2018 at 11:28 am

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites
    I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be interesting
    to read content from other authors and practice a little something
    from other web sites.

• September 21, 2018 at 10:44 pm

I needed to send you a little bit of remark in order to thank you very much as before for the
    exceptional views you’ve discussed here. It’s particularly generous of people
    like you to allow extensively precisely what most people might have made available
    for an e book to help make some dough for their own end,
    most notably seeing that you could possibly have tried it if you ever considered
    necessary. These principles also served like the great way to fully grasp
    that other people have the same passion really like
    my personal own to find out great deal more on the topic of this problem.
    I’m sure there are thousands of more enjoyable instances in the future for individuals that scan through
    your site.

• September 18, 2018 at 12:53 am

An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I believe that you should write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but usually people don’t talk about these issues. To the next! Many thanks!!

• September 12, 2018 at 9:59 pm

If you want to obtain much from this post then you have
    to apply these techniques to your won blog.

• September 5, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your
    post is just excellent and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.
    Fine with your permission let me to grab your
    RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.

Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

• August 30, 2018 at 4:18 am

My relatives always say that I am killing my time here at web, however
    I know I am getting experience daily by reading such good posts.

• August 24, 2018 at 6:04 am

What’s up, for all time i used to check website posts
    here in the early hours in the dawn, because i love to learn more and more.

• August 1, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Der Artikel ist wirklich gut. Das Thema hat
    mich schon lange interessiert und ich konnte hier noch einiges weiterführendes finden. Ich kann
    es kaum erwarten, weitere News zu lesen. Danke
    und Grüße aus Heidelberg Marco Feindler

• July 31, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff previous to and you are just extremely
    fantastic. I really like what you’ve got right here, certainly like what
    you’re stating and the best way through which you
    assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it sensible.
    I can not wait to read much more from you. This
    is actually a tremendous website.

• July 29, 2018 at 12:03 am

What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this website, and post is
    truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of articles.

• July 28, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Apart from these standard SMS gateway API’s, theere aree others ffor example “News” and
    “Television” that add advance features to the unassuming yet powerful technology.

And most significantly, under this deeal you can even have the latest handset which can be manufactured by
    the leading brands for example Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Motorola,
    LG and lots of more. The cellphone keeps on orking till the validation oof Pay As You Go card.

• July 21, 2018 at 11:47 pm

Once upon a time a portal is came out after a nine realm of Yggdrasil.
    As this auto attendant does all of the functions of a live telephone
    operator, companies will not ned to concern yourself with losing obviously any good single phone call.
    The thing to consider is always that all routers will vary so make sure you read any documentation sent
    with all the device.

• July 21, 2018 at 11:18 pm

In addition to the design the high end applications
    oof the crooks to makes them so user frienndly that many people jhst caannot do without their Blackberries aat all.

Apart from verbal communication, these handheld tools are benerficial in relatio to sending multimedia messages like photos,
    video clips, email etc; downloading games, applications,
    music or movies; transferring data and files; plus much
    more interestingly accessing to internet. Below are a couple of
    feztures you need to receive which has a non mapping receiver.

• July 7, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Hi there friends, how is all, and what you would like to say concerning
    this article, in my view its actually remarkable in favor of me.