People ask me this question a lot.
What is the Fastest way to get alkaline?
Below I detail my own personal program for an alkaline detox.
Dr. Andrea Maxim, shares with us the concept of the alkaline detox in this video.
Dr Maxim is a Naturopathic Doctor and author of the upcoming novel “MAXIMized Health: The New, Intelligent System for Optimal Digestion and Hormones”
Are There Different Detoxes for Different People?
As they say in the video, there are different detoxes for different people, depending on the situation.
My Personal Alkaline Detox – How to Get Alkaline Fast
Zeolites are natural minerals
formed by volcanic ash.
- Removes Heavy Metals and Toxins
- Alkaline water, just add a few drops
to purified water
- Start the day with hot water and a lime squeezed into it. Lemon is good too, cold or room temperature water is ok, as long as it is purified water.
- Next have a smoothie with lots of greens and a little bit of fruit
- At least 4 glasses of alkaline water throughout the day. Pure water spiked with liquid Zeolite
- For lunch, a large green salad. for the dressing olive oil, herbs and sea salt. A small serving of omega rich fish like salmon, sardines or herring.
- Dinner can be the same as lunch or another smoothie.
- 10 minutes of QiGong each day for gentle exercise and a meditative practice. A calming mind body workout
- 1 magnesium complex capsule before bed
Dr. Andrea Maxim has a different alkaline detox than me, simply based from the same fundamental concepts of getting alkaline quickly. Different strokes for different folks. The end goal is the same, feel amazing, get rid of toxins, become alkaline as fast as possible, in a healthy way, create the best environment for weight loss efforts.
In my program, I make sure to get all my nutritional bases covered. I make my smoothies with things like, coconut, flax, chia seeds to make sure I am getting healthy fats, then add some moringa or protein powder so my protein base is covered. A large quantity of leafy greens gives it alkalizing power along with loads of micro-nutrients, enzymes, anti-oxidants and more. A small amount of low glycemic fruit, like half an apple provides a low carb solution.
Basic Smoothie Components
- Loads of leafy greens
- Small amount of low glycemic fruit
- Healthy fat, raw nuts or seeds
- Protein source
- Pure water and some coconut or almond milk
- Stevia can be used if you like it sweeter
Testing the pH 3 times a day for three days in a row give a good average of where the pH value really is. Typically we are more acidic in the morning, we have the accumulated acids removed over night. Late in the day the urine pH can be more acidic too, from the wear and tear of the day.
Thanks for reading. If you LIKED this post, please share on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or wherever you hang out. Subscribe, give it the thumbs up. Share the good news of Vibrant Health freely.