I have been following Dr. Mercola for over a decade now.
He is one of the smartest and most cutting edge health experts on the internet.
He gives us life changing tips in 6 minutes. Check out this clip from the Longevity conference.
Dr. Mercola’s #1 Recommendation for Optimal Health
Good digestion function is a big key to feeling wonderful as a human being. There are more organisms in our body than there are cells in our bodies. What you eat has a tremendous impact on the living population in your intestine, for good or bad.
Most of the brain neurotransmitters are produced in the gut, not necessarily in brain. May be a clue to why people suffer from moodiness, depression, fatigue, brain fog, and anxiety.
Benefits of Optimized Gut Bacteria
- Immune system, also getting vitamin D from sunshine.
- B Vitamins and K2
- Helps Digestion
- Fights depression
How to Optimize Gut Flora
- Avoid sugar, too much sugar negates the benefits of other stuff you may be doing
- No Grain Diet, is the title of Dr. Mercola’s first book. I have been avoiding all grains and it is working well for me.
- Lots of fresh vegetables, a no brainer for anyone familiar with the Alkaline Diet
- Fermented vegetables, like sauerkraut, kimchee, pickles, all kinds of veggies can be fermented. The key is to get the stuff with live strains of bacteria. Pasteurized products don’t count.
- Probiotics. Take a look at the quality, how many different strains and the actual count of living organisms. Fermented vegetables mentioned above make probiotic pills obsolete and unnecessary.
Check out some of the other posts below for more info on healthy gut bacteria.
If you enjoyed this article, Please share it with everyone you know on Facebook, Twitter and all over internetLand.