It is Spring cleaning time and lots of people are focused on doing detox and cleanse regimes. The game plan is to get toxins out of their bodies, lose weight and gain vibrant energy.
Today we share the top 10 tips for cleansing, detox and weight loss.
Special thanks to PsycheTruth for this video filled with great ideas.
Cleanse, Detox & Fasting for Health, Weight Loss, Diet, Nutrition, How to, Top 10 Healthy Tips
Top 10 Tips For Cleansing and Detox, Spring Clean Your Body and Mind!
- Limit toxic intake. Cut out sugar, alcohol, caffeine and junk food in general. Focus n eating real natural foods.
- Drink more water. Make sure your water is purified in some way. Add lemon (real lemons, not some fake lemon juice), or add apple cider vinegar. This also helps to alkalize the body.
- Eat more detoxifying foods. Basic replace the junk food eliminated in step 1 with more fruits and vegetables. These are nature’s detoxifiers. Go for organic as much as possible, but don’t sweat it if you can’t afford all organic. Just go for the veggies and fruits. Make a trip to the store or farmer’s market and stock the frig.
- Commit to yourself and write it down. Tell a friend, better yet, do the cleanse with a buddy. Write in the comment section, share on Facebook. This gives you a point of accountability.
- Stop stressing and make time to relax. Meditate, do yoga of go for a nice walk outside.
- Get more exercise, it helps clear out toxins, especially movement that makes you sweat. It is stressful to NOT exercise.
- Avoid extremes and unrealistic goals. Think it through and go at it easy. Make small realistic changes.
- Adjust your life to make your cleanse easier. Doing it during a vacation or long weekend is a great plan. Have some extra downtime. Veg out.
- Be realistic about how much time you have.
- Ease in and out of the cleanse. Allow your body time to adjust. Research whatever plan you are following, so you can be well prepared.
In today’s world there is no shortage of food for most people, of course there are exceptions.
Starvation and undernourishment still exist.
For many though, the digestive system never gets a break. We eat all day long, every day.
A cleansing and detox diet can help an overworked digestive system get a break.
How about just eating lighter and healthier for a period of time and taking a break from some of the worst offenders?
Some of these would include:
- Sodas and caffeinated beverages
- Excessive meat and animal protein
- Junk food of all types
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fried foods
The liver is key for detoxification. Giving it a little break is a great idea. With all the toxins in today’s world the liver gets overworked a lot.
You may feel crummy the first few days. But every time I do something like this I feel a lot better, both mentally and physically. And if I have a few extra pounds, they go bye bye.
What are the good things to eat?
- 1 salad per day with oil and vinegar dressing. I like olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Lots of water, add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
- Fish is better than beef or pork, consider researching species without excess mercury and other pollutants like pacific salmon and sardines.
- Fresh fruit
- Nuts and seeds, preferably raw, go light on these
- Strive for organic food as much as possible
Remember, this is a vacation, a temporary break. Anyone with a health condition, should consult their doctor first.