Dr. Andrew Weil shares his anti inflammatory diet tips in this video.
And yes, at the top of the pyramid is dark chocolate. He tells us how to know the difference between healthy chocolate and not so good chocolate.
An optimum diet should contain lots of variety. This helps to ensure a good range of nutrients. Eating a rainbow of colors from a variety of healthy fruits and vegetables each day forms the base of the pyramid.
How to Eat: The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
I like his one sentence summary of everything he knows about nutrition.
Stop eating refined, processed and manufactured food, it’s that simple.
More tips in this video
- To lose weight stop eating flour and sugar
- Eat fresh food
- Eat fruits and vegetables rich in phytonutrients
- Reduce consumption of high glycemic load carbohydrates
- If you are going to eat pasta, eat less and don’t overcook
- Avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup
- Have a saturated fat budget
- Non farmed salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids
- Avoid GMO soy
- Try a variety of mushrooms
- Cover the spectrum of colors
Please share your favorite healthy eating tips below in the comment box, thanks.