Four out of 5 ingredients in this dinner recipe are from the alkaline side of the diet chart. Sweet potato, mushrooms, zucchini and coconut oil. The only acidic ingredient is the chicken.
If you sprinkle on some sea salt and a few herbs, like turmeric and ginger root, you have even more alkaline goodness.
This recipe was simple to make as well. See the details for cooking it up below. Have fun with this recipe.
Paleo Festival Dinner, Loaded with Alkaline Ingredients
Vegetables and Chicken Alkalizing Dinner
- First boil some chicken drumsticks or chicken type of choice. In this recipe I am making bone broth (I will share that recipe another day) I simply cut the chicken off the bones and put the bones back in the pot for further cooking.
- Pre boil some sliced sweet potatoes for 5-7 minutes in a little bit of water, in a frying pan. Then drain the water.
- In the same pan, melt a tablespoon or two for coconut oil. Coconut oil is best oil for cooking. It tolerates high heat well, without oxidizing.
- Add sliced up zucchini, and mushrooms. You can use whatever other veggies you like.
- Stir it up for veggies for a few minutes.
- Put the veggies on a plate and top with the chicken that has been taken off the bone.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and a few herbs or spices
See the finished product on the right. Doesn’t that look good?
If you liked this post Please share, Favorite and Spread it all around!