Here is a great tasting breakfast idea for those who are trying to avoid wheat.
Gluten free raisin, nut pancakes.
Raisins fall on the alkaline side of the alkaline diet chart, although some of the other ingredients in this recipe do not.
So if you have these pancakes for breakfast, be sure to have a nice big salad as part of your lunch to balance out.
These pancakes are quick and simple to make. They also have more nutrition than regular, wheat based pancakes. Get experimental and try different variations of this pancake recipe.
Gluten Free Recipe, Raisin Nut Pancakes, Tastes Great
Ingredient list for Gluten – Free, Raisin, Nut Pancakes
- Gluten free, all purpose baking flour, or some other type of gluten free flour, such as buckwheat or rice. ( buckwheat flour does not contain “wheat” even though it has wheat in the name. Beware of buckwheat pancake mixes though, that have buckwheat flour and wheat flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, or other oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Trail mix that contains raisins and small nuts and seeds, such as pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- Add water, until you get a nice pancake consistency. Add the water slowly, being careful not to add too much. If you get too much water, your only choice is to add more flour. The mix should be nice and thick.
Pan should be on low heat. butter the pan or use coconut oil if you avoiding dairy, as well as wheat.
Cook for several minutes on each side.
Serve with eggs and or peanut butter. Almond butter is even better because almonds are on the alkaline side of the chart.
If you have a favorite alkaline or gluten free recipe, we would love to hear about it. Please use the comment box below.