After a big feast, a smoothie is a great way to lighten the load on the digestive system.
Enzyme rich raw vegetables and fruits are great therapy for overeating.
I gleaned a few smoothie making tips from this video. First blend the leafy green veggies and water first, then add the fruit.
Juiced: The Green Smoothie!
More Smoothie making tips:
- a 50-50 blend of fruits and vegetables provides a balance of sweetness and good nutrition
- You don’t have to have a high priced machine like a Vita Mix, regular blenders work too
- Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory ingredient
- A slice of lemon with the peel provides essential oils and is good for the skin
- Smoothies are a delicious way to get more fruits and vegetables in the diet
Many times you can sneak something into a smoothie that you would not normally eat. She says in the video, you won’t even notice the greens are in there. The sweetness of the fruit can cover a lot of other flavors. If you want it even sweeter, try adding stevia. Give it a try and experiment with ingredients. You have nothing to lose but crummy health.