This is a great alternative to the typical morning smoothie.
Simple, quick and perfect for the Fall weather, these recipes are delicious and nourishing. You can also take these on the go.
I have personally downed a lot of morning smoothies in the last several years. Morning smoothies are great and amazing, but a chance of pace is nice for the taste buds on occasion.
Chia Pudding Recipes | Healthy Breakfast Idea
Thank you Shannon Sullivan, for the great chia recipe ideas for breakfast or anytime!
Healthy Alternative Breakfast Ideas
– Warm Cinnamon Protein Pudding
- 3 Tbs Chia seeds. She mentions soaking them overnight, however I have found that 10-15 minutes is sufficient, if you forget to do it the night before.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk. Hemp milk or almond, coconut, and cashew work well too.
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs vanilla protein powder
- 1 mashed rip banana
- Chopped walnuts, or Topping or your choice
2. – Apple Spice Chia Pudding
- 3 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce, or puree a small apple in the blender
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dried cranberries, or topping of your choice
Put all of the ingredients in a mason jar, shake and let it sit in the frig overnight. As I mentioned above, 10 minutes may be enough in a pinch.
She warms it up on the stove after it is done soaking. This is optional, you could eat it cold as well. As a last step add the topping of your choice.
If you prepared this the night before, you can just wake up and eat it. It also makes a great mini meal for on the go. Just grab your jar and head out.