Here are some great tips to get more nutrition from fresh vegetable juice.
First, chew your juice. Mix the juice with the saliva in your mouth. There are enzymes that start the digestive process in your mouth.
Here is a tip that is not mentioned in the video, blend in a few fresh herbs while making juice. Mints are especially good.
There are more tips listed below. Check out the video for more details.
Juicing Vegetables: Healthy or Hype?
More juicing tips
- Next tip: Go easy on spinach. It contains oxalates that block other nutrients. and may contribute to kidney stones. Spinach in small amounts on occasion is fine, just don’t use large amounts of raw spinach everyday.
- Juicing is a good way to lose weight. Use moderate amounts of fruit to make the juice to taste sweet, but don’t overdo it on fruits that are high in sugar. Blend with leafy greens, celery and cucumber to balance the amount of sugar in your juice.
- Consider adding in some healthy fat. Blend in olive oil, coconut oil, flax seeds or avocado. You could even throw some nut butter, like almond butter, into a blender with juice or smoothie.
- Juicing gives your digestive system a rest.
- Always drink fresh juice right away, it loses nutrients rapidly.
If you have any good juicing tips please share with everyone using the comment box below.