Just wait until you sink your tastebuds into this delicious raw food salad.
It is hard to believe that raw food could be so good.
Below is a good list of ingredients for a yummy alkalizing lunch.
Use this recipe as is, or modify ingredients to meet your taste.
Fully Raw Mediterranean Salad Recipe
4 cups kale and romaine
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cucumbers diced
- 1-2 cups sweet baby bell peppers
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4-5 homegrown heirloom tomatoes
- 1-2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- Fresh mint and basil, diced
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- edible flowers
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to create a beautiful Mediterranean Salad. Then create the raw hummus recipe below for the dressing. Or use a healthy dressing option of your choice.
Raw Hummus Recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
While we are at it, here is another awesome raw food salad recipe as a bonus for today.
Ingredient List for Yummy Raw Food Salad
- Spinach or other nutrient dense leafy green
- Red peppers, the more vibrant the color the better, a great source of vitamin C
- Apples, adds fiber
- Sprouts are a wonderful source of nutrition and enzymes. I’ll find a good video on sprouting in the next couple days. You can also buy fresh sprouts at the store, if you don’t feel like sprouting your own
- Pumpkin seeds, are helpful against parasites, although they are by no means a complete solution. I like to do a parasite cleanse at least 4x year, just to be safe.
- Dried Cranberries, be sure there is no added high fructose corn syrup
- Goji Berries, Asian superfood of the great Goji warrior
- Marinated artichoke hearts. I love to add these whenever I am at a salad bar.
- Hemp seeds, good source of protein, healthy fats and fiber.
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil, organic cold pressed
- Raw Apple cider vinegar
- Pure water
- Liquid aminos
I like to add fresh or dried herbs to my salad dressing. There is a bulk herb section at the health food store. They have small bottles of a bunch of different single herbs and spices as well as combos. I like to look and smell, then bring home a new one to try every now and then. A great way to familiarize myself with some new flavors.[ad name=”teacup”]