Always eat for health, vibrance, and beauty.
These Thai lettuce wraps are the perfect match for a healthy lifestyle and the alkaline diet.
You can put just about anything into a lettuce leaf and make your own creation, using this recipe as a creative recipe starting point. Hummus, avocado, and sprouts would go great in a lettuce wrap. Get your creative juices going and make some of these yourself.
How to Make The Best Raw Thai Lettuce Wraps: Video Recipe
Thai Lettuce Wraps Ingredient List
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce – look for gluten free versions (even if you don’t think you are gluten free do it anyway)
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- raw wild honey (I love my raw wild honey.)
- grated garlic and, ginger
- walnuts (vegetarian version of meat)
- green onion
- All the above goes in the food processor and is pulsed nicely
- Romaine lettuce or use your favorite type of lettuce
- Top with grated carrots and sprouts
This makes a great alkaline lunch idea. Spoon the pulsed mixture onto your lettuce leaves and add a few toppings like grated carrots, sprouts or a few nuts. Roll it up and enjoy. This would make a great picnic food. They would also go great at a party.
Use What You Have on Hand
The other day I was volunteering at an outdoor event. They were serving “make your own” sandwiches at the lunch break. I am absolutely gluten free, so the bread was out. Luckily they had big pieces of lettuce for the sandwiches. So I grabbed the tomato, onion and a piece of lunch meat and wrapped it up in the lettuce. Whala – lunch is served. I did the best I could with what I had available. Take a look in your refrigerator and cupboards and see what you got that could roll up in a lettuce leaf.
Please share your ideas in the comment box below.