Not only does this smoothie give you good energy, it also helps keep you full and satisfied for quite a while.
Here is a highly alkaline smoothie recipe that contains a load of good nutrients that promote healthy skin and hair.
The health of the liver is important for having good looking skin. Adding herbs like cilantro to this smoothie, helps to pull out heavy metals, adding to the detoxing properties of this yummy drink.
Glowing Green Smoothie
Smoothies are the best wy to load up on fruits and vegetables. Many folks could meet or exceed the recommended number of fruit and veggie servings for the day just by adding a smoothie or two.
If you don’t like vegetables very much you can make them much easier to take by adding fruit to sweeten up the mix.
The cilantro in this recipe has been known for detoxifying heavy metals , like mercury.
Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- Start with 1-2 cups of cold purified water, depending on how thick you like it. Ice cubes could be used also.
- Spinach and romaine, or other locally grown greens when possible.
- Blend the above first before adding more ingredients
- Green apple or pear
- 1 ripe banana (personally I prefer less fruit, for lower sugar content)
- Slice of lemon, yes you can consume the skin. Even though lemons taste acidic, they are very alkalizing.
- Optional, cilantro or other herbs.
Ripe fruit is more alkalizing than not quite ripe. The detoxification effect of this smoothie is what helps improve the look and health of the skin.
The health of the liver is very important for not just good looking skin, but many other aspects of health and vitality.
Special thanks to Kimberly Snyder for a great smoothiee recipe video.
This smoothie is a great addition to an alkaline diet.