You can learn a lot of interesting things about exercise from this video.
The trick is to work out smarter, not longer.
Peak 8 exercise mimics the way children play and the way most athletes perform during a game.
The benefit is an improved release of growth hormone, which helps to burn fat like a heat seeking missile. All in a 20 minute workout 1-3 times per week.
Peak 8: The Basics
Dr Mercola and Phil Campbell talk about Peak 8 exercise. This is very similar to interval training.
Kids, Athletes and Growth Hormone
Imagine kids playing a game of tag. There are brief bursts of running, followed by more moderate movements, followed by more brief sprints of all out running. This is also how most athletes perform during a game. Like in football for example. It’s all out during the play, then a huddle. Then another all out play. Soccer, baseball, tennis and many other sports are similar.
Here is the basic run down of how to do this exercise, but check out the videos on this page to hear it from the expert Phil Campbell.
- Start by warming up, this is critical to reduce the chance of injury.
- Go all out for 30 seconds on whatever type of exercise you are doing, biking, running ect..
- Recover at a much lower intensity for 2 minutes.
- Go at it again, reaching peak intensity for 30 seconds.
- Repeat up to 8 times
- This should take up about 20 minutes
- Do between 1 and 3 times per week.
The video below gives more detail and information on how to do this type of exercise. As always check with your doctor first before undertaking this program.