One of the big problems with exercise is that people get sore and achy afterwards. Sometimes this even causes people to give up long before reaching their fitness goals
Today we are sharing a few tips to get more results form your workout, avoid post-workout soreness and feel more energized, instead of sore and tired.
We also have for you a post workout smoothie recipe. It’s great for recovering energy and building lean muscle after a workout.
Mulberry Pecan Post Workout Smoothie
Post Workout Recovery Tips
- Here is the first tip that comes from personal experience; Eat an alkaline diet, rich in leafy greens that is easy to digest. I have found that the better I stick to an alkaline diet, the less soreness and stiffness after a workout and the better I feel. Often there is no soreness at all. One large contributor to muscle soreness is lactic ACID buildup in the muscles. Alkalinity helps to offset acidity.
- Have a high quality post workout meal, snack or smoothie. The body needs protein for cell repair and building new stronger muscle fibers. A moderate amount of protein is sufficient. You don’t need a 16 ounce steak to build muscle. A good quality protein powder, clean seafood or a small portion of organic chicken or meat does the trick. Combine protein with a bunch of leafy greens to get an alkalizing effect, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- Work up to it gradually. If you are generally sedentary and try to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds in your workout plan, you are sure to get some backlash. Start out slow and work up to it.
- Don’t worry too much about how many calories you are burning. Just do it.
- Workout with a friend or in a social setting. One of my favorite ways to workout is Zumba and other group classes at the gym. There is good music and social interaction.
- Avoid soda, energy drinks and the like. These are very acid forming and draining to the body.
- Hydrate well with alkaline water, or purified water with a bit of sea salt to add minerals.
- Avoid too many sweets and carbs. There has been a lot of hoopla in the natural health field lately about reducing overall sugar in the diet. This is not a new concept to us. Sugary snacks and junk food will negate the beneificial effects of your workout both caloricly and hormonally, bringing fat loss to a stop. And contributing to acidity in the body.
If you found this post interesting and useful please share with friends and family through your favorite social media channels. Thank You.[ad name=”teacup”]