Here is a better way to tone up the abdominal muscles.
Doing endless sit ups is not the most productive or efficient way to firm up and strengthen the muscles in the abdominal region.
This simple yoga exercise focuses the effort in the ab region to help develop a strong core.
Yoga exercise can be helpful for people with back pain as well. Learn more about this yoga teacher, Lillah Schwartz at LightenUpYoga.com
Tone Up the Abs, Yoga style
Most people who want to look trim and lose weight are doing some kind of ab exercises. Some ab exercises work well. Others are terribly inefficient.
- This yoga exercise is simple and gets right to the core.
- All you need is a chair and a yoga mat or a carpeted floor will work just as well.
- Start out by lying on the floor with your feet and calves up on the chair.
- Grab hold of your elbows and curl up.
- Only a small movement is necesarry
- Check out the video for full instructions from and experienced yoga teacher.
We would love to hear your exercise ideas in the comment box below!