Have you tried any of the weight loss techniques from this list?
Beth Whitley shares some of the common weight loss myths.
She talks about a few weight loss ideas that just do not work, and are a waste of time, effort and money.
Take a look at the list below and check out the video. Please leave a comment below and share this post.
Weight Loss Myths! How to Lose Weight & Keep It Off, Nutrition, Health, Diet Tips | The Truth Talks
Weight Loss Myths
- Diet pills. You can’t lose weight just by taking a pill. A good diet is the foundation of any weight loss program. Eat real food like fruit, veggies and healthy fish and meats. Stimulant weight loss pills are not really healthy. Some supplements may be beneficial, but only when used with a healthy diet.
- Extreme diets like the grapefruit diet are not healthy in the long run.
- Don’t starve yourself. Healthy fats and protein help to reduce cravings and make losing weight more pleasant.
- Calorie counting does not work that well. Stay away from processed foods with empty calories. Focus on eating nutrient dense foods.
- The scale may not be an accurate reflection of real health. Muscle weighs more than fat. Figuring your body fat percentage is a better indicator of how healthy you are. Build some muscle to burn more calories and lose inches.
- Quick weight loss diets don’t work. A long term healthy lifestyle is a better approach. Trying to lose 20 pounds before the wedding next week is just not healthy.
We would love to hear about your favorite weight loss myths. I’m sure there are more than what is listed here.